Monday, October 17, 2016

RBD Review #14 | The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

Book info:
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater | 439 pages | Published 2013 | Teen fantasy (external image)

Summary:

If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?
Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.
One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.
And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.
Ronan is one of the raven boys—a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface—changing everything in its wake.
Of The Raven Boys, Entertainment Weekly wrote, "Maggie Stiefvater's can't-put-it-down paranormal adventure will leave you clamoring for book two." Now the second book is here, with the same wild imagination, dark romance, and heart-stopping twists that only Maggie Stiefvater can conjure (courtesy of Goodreads).

My thoughts:
Read April 25-28, 2016 | 5/5


Woah. This was an adventure for sure. So much more action in such a short period of time. I’ve nearly forgotten what happened at the beginning of the book because the last 100 pages were a rollercoaster of action and emotions. There was more individual attention rather than focusing on the group as a whole, and I found that pretty important.

I can’t wait to see how this whole story pans out because so much is going on and ALL of it is relevant. There isn’t much I can say without spoiling everything, unfortunately. I enjoyed this book much more than the first. Maybe because I knew the world more, maybe because there was so much character development and plot movement, I don’t know, but I loved it. I’m trying to tear through these so I don’t get any Raven King spoilers across my dash.

We get to learn more about Ronan and Gansey meeting each other, we see more of Maura, Persephone, and Calla - the best moms ever, and Chainsaw should get her own spinoff series because she’s adorable (maybe my fav character).

So, if you haven’t tried this series yet, or gave up in the first one TRY AGAIN! I promise you it’s worth it! I couldn’t even hint at what happens at the end because it’s so unbelievable and crazy that it would ruin everything. GET ON IT!


The Raven Boys  Blue Lily, Lily Blue | The Raven King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

Book info: Fool Moon  (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours |  Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, myster...