Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher



Book info:
Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours | Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, mystery, paranormal, supernatural

Summary:
Harry Dresden--Wizard
Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Business has been slow. Okay, business has been dead. And not even of the undead variety. You would think Chicago would have a little more action for the only professional wizard in the phone book. But lately, Harry Dresden hasn't been able to dredge up any kind of work--magical or mundane.

But just when it looks like he can't afford his next meal, a murder comes along that requires his particular brand of supernatural expertise.

A brutally mutilated corpse. Strange-looking paw prints. A full moon. Take three guesses--and the first two don't count...

My thoughts:
Read August 7-August 10, 2017 | 4 stars
Set: October 2000

Harry is a goob. Period. To be honest, he's kinda like Ron Weasley, but the main character. Little to no tact, kinda dumb when it comes to common sense, but lovable and badass for sure. This is one of the books where Karrin irritates me. I love her dearly, she's one of my absolute favorite characters and Harry would be lost without her, but she's so caught up in her job to realize what she does to Harry during this book. She's constantly arresting him, berating him, telling him she doesn't trust him anymore. It's just a sad thing. It does make me look forward to her character development later in the series.

I'm kinda at a loss as to what to say about it right now. I like this book, but it's not my favorite. It's a good transition novel, where we're moving on to the next phase of the series. It's just a decent werewolf detective procedural. It did it's job, but I just want to get to the later ones so I can see my babies.

ALSO I see the whole thing about unnecessary descriptions of boobs, but like I said, Harry has NO TACT. But really, who doesn't appreciate a good boob or two?

Coming reviews:
Storm Front | Grave Peril | Summer Knight | Death Masks | Blood Rites | Dead Beat | Proven Guilty | White Night | Small Favor | Turn Coat | Changes | Ghost Story | Cold Days | Skin Game | (Peace Talks 2018)

Mini-Reviews:
A Restoration of Faith / Welcome to the Jungle | Ghoul, Goblin / B is for Bigfoot | Publicity and Advertising (Vignette) / War Cry | Something Borrowed / I Was a Teenage Bigfoot | Something Borrowed / I Was a Teenage Bigfoot | Down Town / It’s My Birthday Too | Heorot / Day Off | Backup / The Warrior | Last Call / Curses | Wild Card / Even Hand | Love Hurts / Bigfoot on Campus | Aftermath / Bombshells | Cold Case / Jury Duty | Day One / A Fist Full of Warlocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

Book info: Fool Moon  (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours |  Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, myster...