Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Little Nightmares #1| The Dresden Files - A Restoration of Faith & Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher


This is going to be the start of my mini-reviews for the short stories between The Dresden Files novels. I'm doing a full, completionist read-through of The Dresden Files and I'm gonna read and review everything I can.

I'm going to do 2 per review, and there are 18 total short stories and a handful of graphic novels. Some are Harry's POV, some are Molly, some are Karrin and I'm really excited to get this going!

Info:


A Restoration of Faith (0.2) found in Side Jobs by Jim Butcher | Published October 26th 2010 by Roc

In the intro to this story, Butcher reveals that this was written 2 years before Storm Front was published and that he wrote it for an assignment at the University of Oklahoma's Professional Writing program. He warns to read it for what it is, "an anxious beginner's first effort, meant to be simple, straightforward fun."

My thoughts:
That was adorable! This story happens well before Storm Front because he isn't a PI yet and he meets Karrin for the first time! AHHH KARRIN! Also, I love seeing Harry with little girls. He's got all these fatherly instincts he doesn't know he has, and he knows just what to do to make them feel better. I think I'm getting old, because dad's are looking hot to me now...

Welcome to the Jungle (0.5) graphic novel by Jim Butcher | Published October 21st 2008 by Del Rey/Dabel Brothers

My thoughts:
This was pretty fun. The story is set after A Restoration of Faith but before Storm Front. His relationship with Karrin is still new and she's very weary of him. It's also revealed in the notes at the end that Harry is supposed to be in his MID TWENTIES during the beginning of the series. I call bull shit. But at least it gives me a timeline to go on and a smexy face to put with James Marster's voice *swooon*

I now have all of the graphic novels my library has in the system on hold for me because I'm going all in on this read-through. This is gonna be exhausting and wrought with sexual tension (thanks Susan).

Coming reviews:
Storm FrontFool Moon | Grave Peril | Summer Knight | Death Masks | Blood Rites | Dead Beat | Proven Guilty | White Night | Small Favor | Turn Coat | Changes | Ghost Story | Cold Days | Skin Game | (Peace Talks 2018)

Mini-Reviews:
Storm Front 1 & 2 / Fool Moon 1 & 2 | Ghoul, Goblin / B is for Bigfoot | Publicity and Advertising (Vignette) / War Cry | Something Borrowed / I Was a Teenage Bigfoot | Something Borrowed / I Was a Teenage Bigfoot | Down Town / It’s My Birthday Too | Heorot / Day Off | Backup / The Warrior | Last Call / Curses | Wild Card / Even Hand | Love Hurts / Bigfoot on Campus | Aftermath / Bombshells | Cold Case / Jury Duty | Day One / A Fist Full of Warlocks

Find me:
Instagram | Goodreads | Tumblr | Twitter | Blogger | Bookish Discord info post & the join link hosted by @booksandtea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

Book info: Fool Moon  (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours |  Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, myster...