Friday, October 21, 2016

RBD Review #16 | Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Book info:
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater | Published 2014 | 391 pages | Teen fantasy

Summary:

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.
Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.
The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel (courtesy of Goodreads).

My thoughts:
Read April 29-May 07, 2016 | 4/5 stars

How am I gonna survive The Raven King, if this book f’d me up. The first half of this book was a tad slow, but as soon as I crossed that 50% mark, things picked up quickly. Then the last 50 pages... whew!

There are a lot of things here that weren’t resolved in the first two novels, but they were only elaborated on, not settled in BL,LB. There’s lots of character development, drama, and Ronan being a loveable ass. Unfortunately, I didn’t think there was enough Noah, and I’m terrified of what’s coming and if something is going to happen to him, but, oh well. Maggie’s writing is wonderful, and through Gansey and Blue, she makes jokes about the language she uses, which I love.

I’m not sure what else I can say about this without spoilers. I try to write my reviews so those who haven’t gotten to the book don’t learn anything critical, and man, is shit critical in this book. It may not have been the most exciting overall, but it’s definitely very, very necessary. So much plot, so little time left. GET ON IT!


The Raven Boys The Dream Thieves | The Raven King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

Book info: Fool Moon  (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours |  Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, myster...