Tuesday, December 27, 2016

5 Days Until 2017 | 8 Nights of Books from @booksbeyondimagining

@booksbeyondimagining came up with this idea, go check them out!

5 Authors I've Never Read, Until Now

It looks like I'm narrowing these down to female authors, because I read a lot of those this year.
  1. Maggie Stiefvater: How did I miss her for so long?! I saw Shiver all the time at work and never gave it a second thought. Well, I'm not going back now!
  2. Leigh Bardugo: I started with Six of Crows though I actually owned The Grisha Trilogy before I read it. 
  3. Dawn Kurtagich: Oh my. This woman has only written 2 books and they've both blown me away. I honestly think she's going to be something like the YA Stephen King. She's phenomenal. Truly.
  4. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: I've only read her short essay We Should All Be Feminists, but it was so wonderful and insightful. I have her other works on my TBR.
  5. Alice Walker: I know The Color Purple is usually high school reading, but we didn't read it then, so I decided to pick it up at the beginning of this year. It was hard to get into the dialect at first, but after a while, it read naturally, and I happen to love written dialects in books, so I wasn't disappointed. 
Find me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of Nightmares #37 | Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

Book info: Fool Moon  (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher | 401 pages/10.5 hours |  Published January 9th 2001 by Roc | Adult, myster...